Dear friends and colleagues!
We are glad to invite you to the World Congress on Dance Research, to be held 15-19 April 2015 in Saint-Petersburg, Russia.
The Congress is organized by the Saint-Petersburg Section of CID–UNESCO.
Theme of the Congress is:
“Dance Culture – pedagogy, psychology, creativity, art therapy”
The program includes: scientific papers, lectures, workshops, video presentations, exhibitions, performances.
We welcome specialists in cultural studies, art historians, psychologists, sociologists, anthropologists, philosophers, theologists, medics, choreographers, dance teachers, dance therapists, dance film directors and professionals representing all forms of dance from all over the world.
President of CID Prof. Dr. Alkis Raftis will attend.
The World Congress on Dance Research is a best opportunity for professionals and choreography amateurs to show their high level and share their research and methodology in dance.
It is a great chance for dancers from around the world to join the CID family.
All Congress material presented will be published.
Special cultural program for Congress participants includes visiting the Mariinsky theatre, the Hermitage Museum, dance therapy centers and exemplary dance studios of Saint-Petersburg.
Congress includes scientific and practical conference and workshops.
- State and perspectives of development in choreographic teaching in the field of professional education (secondary and high);
- State and perspectives of development in dance teaching in the field of additional education and amateur creativity;
- Modern strategies in choreographic education;
- Dance traditions in different national cultures;
- Forms and ways of keeping and transfer of choreographic heritage;
- Modern innovative methods of social and cultural integration of disabled children and youth with the aid of choreography and music;
- Traditional and author’s principles of teaching classical and folk dance basics;
- Dance therapy for children and adults – state and features of development on the continents;
- Development features of contemporary dance on the continents;
- Problems of conceptual apparatus content of choreographic disciplines in educational institutions;
- Personality in dance history;
- Innovative pedagogical and psychological methods of forming a creative personality.
- World Ballet Heritage
- Classics for everyone
- Modern & Contemporary
- Dance therapy
- Historic, couple, social dance of 17-21 centuries
- Folk dance and keeping of ethnic cultures
- Film show and video presentations
- Dedication to Isadora Duncan
- Dedication to Olga Spessivtseva (120th anniversary of the birth)
- Sport choreography
- Indian dances
Time of presentations. Lectures: 20 minutes (including questions from the audience); Workshops for 60 minutes. Performances: solo, duos – 5 minutes, team – 5 minutes.
Film show or exhibition – conditions are sent upon request
The publication. All materials of the Congress will be published in the form of scientific collection, as well as on the DVD.
Languages. Official Congress languages: English, French and Russian.
The text. 6,000 words maximum for each presentation.
Structure of the text. Divide your text into chapters, each of them must be numbered. Start with your name, the name of the presentation, the summary. Include a brief CV of the author in the text of the presentation.
Contents of scientific reports. The scientific report contains unpublished results of the research project. At first it is addressed to professionals in this sphere, rather than simple readers.
Accommodation, participation, tickets pays the sending organization.
- Congress registration fee – 75 EUR (110 US dollars)
- Registration fee for students and absentee participation – 50 EUR
Send application to: email@example.com
Looking forward to seeing you in St. Petersburg!